Tuesday, November 30, 2010 | By: Mali

I hate winter.

Fall is easily my favorite season: the weather is perfect for walking and the crisp air encourages bonfires and hot cider. The fiery leaves are quite possibly one of my favorite sights - I can stare at them for hours.

Unfortunately, the leaves have fallen underneath the weight of frozen rain. Snow quickly approaches, and with it dreary days of little sunlight and monochromatic views. It's fucking cold, in other words, and I hate it. Not even the allure of winter break can spring me from this dismal mood, I'm afraid.

In 12 hours, I'll be sitting in my Spanish professor's office attempting to regurgitate a semester's worth of vocabulary and grammar. Terrified doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

I'm drinking more coffee, which ensures that I'll be sleepless tonight and pissed tomorrow. It's a stupid decision, but I don't seem to sleep a whole lot during finals anyway ... I'll rationalize it that way. ;) I'll be rocking crazy hair and bed face to this oral exam, no doubt.

Anyway, it's time for a hot shower: my toes are frozen and my ceiling is crackling (pretty soon it will cave in, it has enough fractures). Be safe!

This post brought to you by: caffeine.

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

Tell me about it, it's horrible up here this time of year. The only time I ever take my jacket off is when I'm going to bed...

Even worse that I've got to run out and do photography stuff every two days...
Good luck with exams! I have mine coming up too...Concentration, concentration...

Danny said...

You share my hate for winter.
It's terrible. Fuck winter.

Shannon on the other hand, is quite the opposite. She hates fall, yet loves winter.

She's fucking crazy.

Post a Comment