Friday, November 26, 2010 | By: Mali

"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat."

But alas, I am a mere mortal and can only write as is befitting to my station: not very mysteriously, in other words.

Would you guys like to hear a story? I think you'd like to hear a story. Let me tell you about the elevators at work: they suck. There are two elevators in the lobby of the library, and these are the elevators most people use. Because our patrons are comprised of a very varied people, it's a bit of a gamble every time you step into one of those lifts: will it be full of eye-tearingly strong cologne? The stench of a body that has not seen soap in at least three months? The scent of a diaper long past ripe? None of the options are pleasant, and that elevator quickly turns into a heated metal box of pure hell when one of the mentioned situations occurs. Conversely, when my coworkers or I step into the elevator with a patron and they smell pleasant? You'd think we're in the presence of the President - it's amazing how good hygiene is taken for granted.

Anyway. Shit, I get off topic easily. Okay, so the elevators = gross. Well, one of them just acquired a whole new level of disgusting: a patron urinated in it. Can I repeat that for you? Someone fucking peed in the lift, man! And not just on the floor, but all over the effing buttons as well! How motherfucking disgusting, yeah? Even more disgusting is the fact that the urine sweltered in that elevator for God knows how long until two of my coworkers walked in, pressed the (urine covered) button while simultaneously realizing what was covering the floor and walls, and ran for 1.) alcohol wipes, and 2.) the janitor. Also, please take note of the fact that whoever pissed in our elevator was tall enough to hit the buttons.

Yeah, so that's my job. I feel like every time I'm exposed to 1.) bodily fluids that did not come from myself, 2.) communicable diseases, or 3.) likely rapists (3 today), I should get a bonus.

In other news, my headache has abated! The rain has also ceased, thank goodness. If the light socket in my room didn't fail so hard and insist on blowing a light bulb every day, things would be good. As it now stands, I'm out of new bulbs and have to watch TV in the dark. :(

Oh, well. New Supernatural tonight! :D

4 comments:

Danny said...

It is amazing how some people are incapable of proper hygiene. Absolutely amazing.

But who could be tall enough to piss all over the buttons? Let me tell you, it is very amusing to imagine our tall slenderman doing this dirty deed. The guy's a fucking douchebag, I wouldn't put it past him.

Supernatural? I don't watch much TV. I have even less time now to keep up with it... for obvious reasons.

Mali said...

I never actually understood how offensive body odor could be until I started working in a library. Things can get pretty fucking offensive, especially when you have a group of people who haven't bathed recently (for whatever reason - homeless, addict, mental or physical disability ... or just lazy) in the same area. It takes fans to dispel that stench.

LOL! That's probably the only image that could have made this situation amusing haha, thank you for pointing that out. In all seriousness, the buttons aren't that high up - about to my waist, and I'm 5 ft 6 in. It's just that the person who did this is probably an adolescent or adult, and that irritates me.

Yes, you do in fact have an excellent reason for not keeping up with TV shows. ;) Season 6 of Supernatural is actually fairly crap, but 1-5 were so amazing that I really want to like this season haha.

Shiloh said...

Who pees in a library elevator?
Like, what? And I thought CHICAGO was gross.
I used to work in a gym where everything was covered in gross sweat. Pee would kill me.


And I love Supernatural!

Mali said...

I know - it's absolutely disgusting. LOL, I visit Chicago often - because I'm only there for a short while, though, I love it ;)

Ewww, sweat. That's pretty gross - I think our jobs are both crappy (or was crappy, in your case).

Supernatural is amazing! Season 6 is honestly killing me, though - I don't know if I'm going to claim it. I might just pretend it was a 5 season series, the way it was intended. What do you think of it so far?

Post a Comment