Thursday, November 25, 2010 | By: Mali

"It was night, and the rain fell; and falling, it was rain,"

"But, having fallen, it was blood." - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence - A Fable"

Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow USians. I hope you're all absolutely stuffed on turkey and other various goodies, and perhaps even pleasantly sleepy. I woke up with a touch of some nasty virus this morning, so I spent the day in my room rather than at my Grandmother's with the rest of my family. I'd say I'm terribly disappointed, but I tend to prefer my own company even on the best of days. I did, however, miss out on seeing my adorable cousins - little girls, aged 3 and 1 - and I am a bit sad about that.

In other news, this little corner of Slenderblogs seems to be in an upheaval. I rather like "Redlight", as he's been dubbed - he seems like a no nonsense sort of fellow. I hope everyone is safe from said fellow, however, and that no more blog hijacks occur. Stay safe, loves.

I will, of course, continue blogging. I mean, why wouldn't I, right? I talk about wholly inconsequential things: spiders, music, Spanish class. I trust this will be a satisfactory decision.

It's still raining, btw. It's been gloomy and overcast since Monday, and I am still not amused. The library will be full of dubious characters tomorrow if the sun doesn't shine. Ugh.

Home remedies for headaches, anyone? The rain wrecks havoc with my mood. =/

Stay safe!

11 comments:

Danny said...

I myself approve of the new greenlight. He sounds like my kind of guy.

Also, headache? I hate taking Advil but I know some people who gobble that shit up for every goddamn minor pain.

I suppose drugs aren't homemade remedies, though. I usually just lay in my room with the lights out for a good amount of time if I have a pretty bad headache. Damp cloths help too.

DiceArt said...

Delete the blog & forget what you've read or you'll wind up dead.

Mali said...

@Danny: LOL, he *does* sound like your kind of guy. The dark room and damp cloth is a great suggestion, thank you! Advil doesn't seem to help me too much, and I'm not a huge fan of Tylenol/Advil/Alieve/etc for some reason. =/

@Xavier: I don't think that's fair, Xavi. Technically I'm just blogging about my daily life and the odd internet meme. Besides, have you seen how much work I put into this blog? I found a pretty layout AND made a playlist to match. I can't throw that all away, and I really doubt Slendy would be interested in my ramblings. Don't be mean. :(

DiceArt said...

Mean? I'm only trying to save you a hardship child. the world is cruel and unforgiving just like my master.

Mali said...

Fair enough, I apologize for being lighthearted. Thank you for the warning and advice.

Redlight said...

Ugh, Xavier...honestly...anyway Mali...I don't think there's any reason to delete your blog now. I think Nessa's example is enough. Just stay home, enjoy your dinner, and never talk about Him again. You're a smart girl.

Right now we're just clearing out troublemakers and getting things back in order, and as a reward to all the good boys and girls who stay out of the way, they'll get left alone.

Anyway, have a pleasant day.

Mali said...

Aw, I like Xavier - and you, too, while I'm at it. You keep it interesting. If you happen back across this entry, what are your plans after you clear out the troublemakers? I'll kill the curiosity after this, I promise.

I'm nowhere near troublesome, by the way. I'm just watching sitcoms and enjoying my bed - carry on as you please.

Mali said...

And thank you, I hope you have a pleasant day as well. :)

Danny said...

Troublemakers be causin' trouble.

Shiloh said...

It rained on us today, too.
Makes me feel safe, actually.

Sorry to hear your sick, whenever I get a headache, I just stick a hot rag on my forehead and crush some advil into my water.

Heh.

Mali said...

Hmm, I suppose there is something comforting about the rain. The temperature dropped drastically today, so all of the wet pavement/surfaces turned to ice. This is very sad for me as I'm gravitationally challenged. ;)

I've never tried crushing an Advil up before ... does it work better than just swallowing it? Thanks so much for the advice :)

I'm so glad to see you're feeling better! =)

Post a Comment