Monday, November 22, 2010 | By: Mali

Quick note before class

It is absolutely abysmal outside. If I didn't have a ridiculously weighted in-class Spanish composition today, I would absolutely skip class and stay home.

The last time I was on campus while it was storming outside, I was unfortunate enough to not have my umbrella. I have to make the trek across the grounds between classes, and I was absolutely soaked by the time I reached my destination. I went to stand by the elevator (because fuck walking the stairs in baggy and soggy jeans, yeah?) only to be treated to the curious stares of the entire place - because apparently they can't look out the window, see the torrential downpour, and put two and two together - before a particularly astute professor asked: "Oh, is it raining outside?"

C'mon, seriously? Did you really just ask that? Shit, man. I'm wiping my forehead rapidly in order to keep the water cascading from my hairline out of my eyes whilst thanking God that I'm not wearing anything even remotely sheer, and you're seriously asking if it's raining?

I took the stairs.

2 comments:

Danny said...

I'm a total fan of rain. I love the shit out of it. PERFECT weather is a light drizzle. I could walk in that for hours.

Of course, sucks when it's coming down really bad. I'd opt to sit inside and watch it in that case. Of course, there are times when you must go goddamn outside.

But oh well, it's just water.

Mali said...

I love thunderstorms - something about them calms me down and makes for fantastic reading/sleeping weather. It's so grey and dreary out right now, however, that I can actually feel my mood and ambition drop as the hours without sun increase.

I think I'll just plan on cuddling up in my bed and hibernating. :)

Post a Comment