Wednesday, November 24, 2010 | By: Mali

Spiders

So I'm trying to read some manga that I've fallen woefully behind on, but instead of feeling warm and comfortable I keep twitching randomly. I know exactly why this is: spiders. I saw a spider crawling across my wall earlier, and my heroic leap across my bed to smash it ended (clearly) with my book completely missing the mark and that evil thing falling behind my trunk. I whimpered pathetically raged for about 20 minutes, and then decided to forget about it ... but man, it's freaking me out. I loathe spiders with an irrational ire.

Between the spider army that I'm convinced is currently on it's way to kill me and the stupid wind/rain that keeps smacking against my window (which of course happens to be right beside the head of my bed), it will be a miracle if I make it through the night without ten panic attacks.

And that, my friends, is how you whine about something completely inconsequential while people are fearing for their lives. You're welcome.

8 comments:

Fizzbomb said...

Nice to see a fellow arachnophobic keeping some semblance of a normal day-to-day life while everything's going straight to R'yleh.

DiceArt said...

I hate spiders too, but I'll leave them alone if they leave me alone cause they eat other bugs.

Mali said...

@Fizzbomb: LOL, and my "normal" daily life is quirky at best, so this is a fairly accurate description of my evenings. If that damn spider reappears on my bed I think my head my explode.

@Will: See, I understand that attitude ... but I just can't embrace. I can't condone those things crawling all over my stuff. *shudder*

Mali said...

*embrace it.

Hooray for typos!

Omega said...

I understand completely how you feel about spiders. I have torn my entire room apart just so that I could kill a single one.

Mali said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I would have done that yesterday, but my trunk is huge and covered with books - I was afraid the spider would crawl on me while I was attempting to move it. /twitch

Omega said...

Oh.... Ugh, I know that feeling well. Whenever the get behind heavy furniture, I usually put on a jacket to cover my arms, and then try to move the thing really, really fast. Doesn't always work, but I can't stand the idea of it staying hidden....
And now I'm going to spend the entire day thinking spiders are behind everything.

Mali said...

Me too, you're not alone :) I'm flinching every time a stray piece of blanket brushes my skin. I am SUCH a baby haha.

Post a Comment